Pages

Saturday 27 October 2012

Halloween Spider Cake & Bonfire Cake

I baked a couple of cakes for Halloween and Bonfire night which were so easy, perfect for a novice (like me!) but looked great so thought I would share them with you for inspiration.

I won't go into the ins and outs of how to make them as I think they are fairly self explanatory, I'll keep it short but if anyone wants a full guide just shout!




The spider was simply a sponge baked in a pyrex bowl for the main shape, covered with black icing. Legs are made of licorice.


This again was a cake baked in a pyrex bowl, covered in orange buttercream with matchmakers place around to create the bonfire effect. Flames made from icing were then placed around. I also added a few orange/ yellow sprinkles as sparks!

Any excuse for a cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated. Thank you x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...