Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

Autumn is nigh....

I love autumn. It is my favourite season of all.

Just as well it's not Summer, as that never happened did it!

So, our theme at Little Chicks is just that - Autumn. Official start date 21st September and the signs are already beginning to show. The frosty mornings, the golden colours and the seasonal vegetables.

I have lots planned for this theme, some we've already done like tissue paper tree's and scratch card leaves but our favourite so far has been our trip to the PYO farm yesterday.

We went to learn about autumn fruit and vegetables, seeing ones that have just started to grow like the pumpkins ready for October, fruits that are just dying off that are from the summer season like strawberries and ones that are just ripe now, ready for picking.











And we did lots of picking. So much that we picked £9.65 worth of raspberries and blackberries alone! Along with the berries we go sweetcorn, courgette and squash, all ready to try some delicious Autumn recipes with!

And of course, we ate quite a few on the way around too. Half the fun right?

4 comments:

  1. I love this time of year for getting out into the outdoors with kids and you can't go wrong with pick your own fruit and veg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely haul of goodies there and such happy faces doing the collecting too! I am amazed raspberries are still around ans yours look so plump and juicy too. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to find any PYOs around our way, completely gutted because I've been desperate to take The Boy for a year or so. Maybe I can find one when we're down here in Coombe Mill. Your little ones look like they're really enjoying themselves.

    Popping over from Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love autumn. Great pictures. We have the harvest festival at school soon - and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. Thank you x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...